What if I don't remember how to do this?
Parents, you do not need to be an engineer or rocket scientist to help your child learn math. All that is needed is a positive attitude (even when you are frustrated), a willingness to observe and learn with your child, and, making an effort and take time to help. Homework may be assigned to students for one of several possible purposes:
- Watch video to get ready For tomorrow's Class (See Flipped Class)
- Review and practice what we have covered in class
- Explore skills more fully than classroom time permits
Homework can help children to develop positive study skills and habits, improve their thinking and memory abilities, and encourage them to use time well, learn independently, and take responsibility for their work. Assignments provide children with the responsibility to manage time and meet deadlines. To help your student succeed, please consider these tips:
- Set a regular time and place for homework
- Be interested in your child's work and understanding
- Be available for questions and discussions, encourage your child to call you if you are not home during homework time
- Help your child stay organized Encourage good study habits.
- Quiz your child, help him study, avoid last minute cramming Work with the teacher